Friday, April 1, 2016

Musicians : Time Saving Hack For Facebook Events


As a musician, I spend a lot of time on social media promoting my shows. More time than I would like truth be told. One of the biggest time sucking online tasks is inviting people to Facebook events. Anyone who has invited friends to a Facebook event knows this. You have to click on each person individually and scroll through to find friends to invite. For the touring musician, generally you want to invite only friends that are in the geographic location where the event is taking place. This can be a very long process. At one time I believe you could a plug-in on Chrome that would batch invite all of your friends (something I never did personally), but now Facebook has a limit on the number of friends you can invite ( probably because they want you to buy ads for the event instead).

I found this process very boring and frustrating, so I set out to find a way to streamline the process. And I found it!!



It turns out that back in the day, FB allowed users to search by geographic location, gender, age, and interests. Those options have since disappeared from the site( unless you are targeting an ad). Through my internet search efforts, I found a website that has recreated these search parameters for everyone to use. It's called Search is Back , and man I tell you, it is great! Saves me so much time!

You create your event, go to Search is Back, and type the city/province/state you want to target, and all of your friends pop up that live in that area. Done!

I'm so pleased to have found this site. It has opened up more time for me to create and rehearse my music. Which is what it is all about in the first place. Share this with your musician friends! They will thank you for it!





No comments: